if(isset($popup_css)): ?> endif; ?>
Policy and Legislation Program Officer
Policy and Legislation Program OfficerTổ Chức Phi Chính Phủ Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
Hạn nộp hồ sơ :
MÔ TẢ CÔNG VIỆC
The Policy and Legislation Program Officer is responsible for development and execution of ENV’s legislative and policy advocacy program.
Policy and Legislation Program Management
The Policy and Legislation Program Officer requires significant knowledge of key issues relating to nature and wildlife protection including an understanding of ENV objectives, wildlife protection law, the basic mechanics of government operations, an understanding of how ENV operates differently than traditional institutions and organizations, and excellent diplomatic skills.
As these requirements are not readily available in the employment market, the candidate is evaluated based on his/her potential to meet the expectations of this position over time once he or she acquires an acceptable level of understanding to do the job.
Subsequently, there is an expected grow-in period that should reflect a steady level of development during which the officer is trained and is able to contribute to the development of the program.
Policy and Legislation Program Responsibilities Include:
• Produce project concepts, implement approved projects that are assigned by the ENV Management Board and/or Policy and Legislation Program Manager
• Research and provide inputs on drafting laws and legislation upon requests from the ENV Management Board and/or Policy and Legislation Program Manager
• Contact and/or set up regular meetings with key decision-makers at the central and provincial level to solicit support on matters relevant to conservation such as strengthening the law or addressing loopholes in the law, and building support for specific decisions or policies of government
• Design and execute other means to build support amongst decision-makers for key ENV policy and legislative objectives such as campaigns on particular issues, publications targeting decision makers such as the Wildlife Crime Bulletin, press conferences, etc
• Work with the communications and public awareness (CPA) team to synchronize outputs that lend support to ENV policy and legislative objectives
• Work with the Wildlife Crime Unit on major cases requiring support or involvement of decision-makers in reaching a successful outcome
• Maintain an up to date law library including English and Vietnamese copies of all laws relevant to wildlife protection and a summary document highlighting the main importance of each law
• Maintain and develop the contact list of key policy makers and government partners to keep the list updated in close cooperation with the CPA department contact database
• Coordinate production and distribution of the quarterly Wildlife Crime Bulletin
• Produce monthly report, monthly donor report, and other reports upon request of the ENV Management Board and/or Policy and Legislation Program Manager
YÊU CẦU CÔNG VIỆC
• Excellent Vietnamese and English language written and verbal communication skills
• Outward character and diplomatic skills
• Open minded and possess strong potential to quickly learn new ideas and adapt to ENV’s non-traditional way of working
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of conservation issues (preferred)
• Knowledge of government structure and mechanics (preferred)
Competitive performance-based salary, 13th month bonus for staff serving more than 1 year11 public holidays, 1 vacation/sick day for each month workedPerformance recognition/rewards, Additional training opportunities
Video/Ảnh mô tả
TỪ KHÓA TÌM KIẾM